Thanks for visiting my blog. I am a former hedge fund manager, now active as a private investor and research consultant. You can read more about me here.
Some of my popular posts include:
- One about the current inflection point we are at in markets. It is the latest in a series of investment posts that also includes one on the differences between private and public investing.
- Those about some particularly inspiring people I’ve met, including Rory Sutherland and Warren Buffett.
- A post about Luck and Skill in Financial Markets and Beyond. The best investment professionals have a deep understanding of the role that luck plays in their game.
- A post about My Favourite Theorem (Spoiler: It’s Bayes). The title of this blog Degrees of Certainty is a homage to Bayes, one of the best formal thinking tools available.
- A post detailing everything I learned at the coal face about how to value bank equity. Bank Valuation. Note: this post is a bit more specialist than others.