Thanks for visiting my site. I am a former hedge fund manager, now active as a private investor and research consultant. You can read more about me here.
Most of my ‘evergreen’ content is posted on this site, but I also write a weekly newsletter focussed on financial sector themes, which you can subscribe to here:
Some of my popular posts include:
- An introduction to network theory via the maths of bumping into Steve McManaman (and Damian Lewis).
- A series of posts on how we perceive truth and how we deal with complexity. The posts help to reconcile a host of paradoxes we meet on a daily basis.
- An account of the Air France Flight 447 crash and what lessons it provides, written on it’s ten-year anniversary.
- A post about Luck and Skill in Financial Markets. The best investment professionals have a deep understanding of the role that luck plays in their game.
- A post about My Favourite Theorem (Spoiler: It’s Bayes). The title of my blog, Degrees of Certainty, is a nod towards Bayes.
- Book reviews such as Stephen Schwarzman’s and Bob Iger’s memoirs.